Sat, Apr 22|
April 22 & 23 Illinois 16-Hour Concealed Carry Class
Time & Location
Apr 22, 2023, 8:00 AM – Apr 23, 2023, 4:00 PM
Naperville, 1620 Pebblewood Ln, Naperville, IL 60563, USA
About the event
Your class instructors are Terry Madler and Joe Motto. We are both full time Police Officers in the Western Suburbs with over 20 years of SWAT experience. We bring a very unique perspective to your Concealed Carry Class. Not only will we cover all the required topics from the State Police, but we will add 40 years of experience from training other Police and SWAT Officers in the legal aspects of using deadly force, as well as proper shooting fundamentals to survive a deadly encounter. You owe it to yourself to receive the best training available. You only get one chance in a gunfight.
Combine this class with our FREE Florida class and carry legally in over 34 states. Our Instructors and 16 hour class curriculum are approved by the Illinois State Police. Contact us if you have prior approved training credits to apply and we will provide you information on the reduced pricing and modified schedule.
This class meets on weekends from 8 am to 4 pm on both Saturday and Sunday at our Training Academy in Naperville. The morning session on Sunday will be held at RKA Gun Gallery located approx 25 minutes from the classroom. You will need to bring $25 for their range fee.
Retired/Current Military only have to attend on the Sunday. Please bring a copy of your DD214 to receive the 8-hour waiver for the Saturday portion.
Through PowerPoint presentation, practical drills and scenario based training, we’ll cover all the following topics in our 16 hour Illinois Concealed Carry Class.CLASS INCLUDES FREE FLORIDA CLASS!!
- Developing a personal and home protection plan to keep your family safe
- Conflict avoidance and why it's so important
- Homeland Security's color codes of situational awareness (white, yellow, orange, and red)
- Mental exercises to prepare for deadly encounters
- Universal Safety Rule #1: Treat all guns as though they are always loaded
- Universal Safety Rule #2: Never point your gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
- Universal Safety Rule #3: Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you're on target and have made the decision to shoot.
- Universal Safety Rule #4: Always be sure of your target and beyond
- Proper loading and unloading of a semi-automatic and a revolver
- Safely taking your semi-automatic and revolver apart and proper cleaning techniques
- Selecting your concealed carry handgun and ammunition
- Proper grip and trigger control to shoot accurately
- Defensive shooting (you're moving and shooting at a moving target) vs. marksmanship shooting (you're stationary and shooting at a piece of paper)
- Reasonable force and the use of deadly force
- Understanding the use of force continuum for a Police Officer vs. Civilian
- Defending your family, home and property against potential threats
- Understanding how your mind reacts under stress through fight or flight
- The physiological reactions associated with extreme stress and how it forces our bodies to react. Fine motor skills vs. gross motor skills
- The immediate aftermath of a critical incident and rendering first aid to yourself and the offender through the use of a first aid kit and tourniquet
- How do we interact with the police after a self defense shooting and what should we tell them?
- Different holster positions and carry options for your concealed carry gun
- Gun belts, gun lights and gun lasers
- Properly and safely conducting dry fire exercises at home
- Take home training program which includes dry fire drills, self led and instructor led range exercises and scenario based drills
- Practical drills drawing your handgun from underneath a sweatshirt/shirt and button down/zippered shirt/jacket
- Shooting from cover behind our 20 position wall of protection
- Understanding and clearing semi-automatic level 1 (misfire), level 2 (stove pipe), and level 3 (double feed) malfunction drills
- After you stop the threat drills: Track the offender to the ground, scan for other targets, then move off line to safety
- Defensive moving and shooting drills using our laser guns and targets to gauge your progress
- One on one live fire drills at the range with your Illinois State Police approved Instructors Joe and Terry
- You will receive a 61 page reference booklet containing all applicable State and Federal Laws to take home with you.
- As you can see, this class is very informative and will open your eyes to the importance of receiving proper firearms training. It's all packed into our 16 hour Illinois Concealed Carry Class which is a must if you will be carrying a firearm to protect you and your family.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- If you own a firearm, bring it unloaded in a case for the live fire range drills.
- If you own ammunition, bring 50-100 rounds to the range for the range session/qualification.
- Range Fee for Sunday shooting portion - $25
- A FOID Card is not required for this class or the range, but if you have one, bring it.
- Bring a copy of valid Driver's License or State Id.
- We are a State approved fingerprinting vendor and can electronically process your fingerprints for your State Police application. This is an option to speed up your application approval. The cost for this service is $75.
- Ticket type
+$2.48 service fee+$2.48 service fee